OverPower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gathering and Organizational Source for Clan OverPower

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guys not on the forum

Go down 
+3
Gasp Its Jesus
BooBeeNY
BearsEatBarry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BearsEatBarry

BearsEatBarry

Guys not on the forum Empty
PostSubject: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:06 pm

We're getting bigger... and bigger. I have a few potential clans that want to merge in with us. I'm going to be really picky because I don't just want mass amounts of people. I want people that are involved. That doesn't mean playing daily, or making every single operation, because not even I will do that. It does mean doing what you can and being involved in the clan. Such as being on this forum.

There are a few guys who've been in the clan for months and I've never played with them or even exchanged a friendly message. We will soon be hitting the point of maxing out and I've been debating the option of making a B squad. Rather than removing inactive players, they will get demoted to B team. Nobody on this forum will ever be demoted. I don't take this that serious, I just think if you aren't even going to bother to play with one single person, run one single op or even reply to a message... whats the point?

I don't think I need to name names. If you joined the clan and at ANY point we've played before, spoke, run some ops together, you are on the forum; you are A squad. I like the fact someone posted looking for Diablo players, I'm too poor for Diablo or I would have got it and probably disappeared for weeks. I know Cod isn't the only game out there and people can take sometimes weeks or longer off just to get your interest in the game back. We all have jobs, school, families and other hobbies.

This isn't a dictatorship. I started this clan with just a few friends, didn't think it would grow like this but it did and I like it lol.
I'm always open to ideas and criticism and if mutiny was imminent I'd step down. By Deputies I did not mean they can order you around, nor will I. I meant people to run teams for operations, because thats all I care about on CoD... because as most of you know I am obsessed with my pursuit of a champion badge.
Back to top Go down
BooBeeNY

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:18 pm

I looked to join because I absolutely LOVE the COD franchise (even wondering why the hell I didn't get into it sooner) and I looked to join a clan knowing that I wanted to be active with others (I got tired of playing alone). I love that the core of us are always active and playing because that is EXACTLY what I was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Gasp Its Jesus

Gasp Its Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Agreed. The majority of the clans I've ran with in the past had either been crappy clans or the majority were those annoying "Trick-shooter" sniper clans. I like this because it's active and we are actually growing not only in size but popularity. cheers
Back to top Go down
Schep87

Schep87

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:25 pm

I joined for the same reasons BooBee did. It gets boring when you play objective-based game modes by yourself, and your teammates are just going for kills. This clan gives us the opportunity to work together and play with people who share our same interests.
Back to top Go down
Gasp Its Jesus

Gasp Its Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Lol, before I'd just go for kills cause I had nobody to play with. My friends who I used to play with have either stopped or became douche bags. It's fun to be with a clan who share similar interests, and at the same time aren't complete jackasses. It gives the game a new purpose.
Back to top Go down
BlindGuyMcSqzy

BlindGuyMcSqzy

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Schep87 wrote:
I joined for the same reasons BooBee did. It gets boring when you play objective-based game modes by yourself, and your teammates are just going for kills. This clan gives us the opportunity to work together and play with people who share our same interests.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
BooBeeNY

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Gasp Its Jesus wrote:
...and at the same time aren't complete jackasses. It gives the game a new purpose.

Age was a big concern for me too because I definitely didn't want to play with annoying kids like my son who talk smack AND suck even worse than I do. affraid
Back to top Go down
BearsEatBarry

BearsEatBarry

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Lol age was a concern for me at the beginning... can't even say how many guys I rejected because they weren't 18.
But then good old GermanRage fooled me... and I stopped making age a "requirement". It became more of a maturity thing.
German's turned out to be one of our best guys and then you have a fool like NinjaTurtle... who was 19 but acted like a ten year old. I may still make fun of you for being a squeaker (lol... IrishRage) but I don't mean offense by it, you've proved you are mature enough to run with the big guys.
Back to top Go down
BearsEatBarry

BearsEatBarry

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:19 pm

** by fooled, i don't mean he lied Smile
He has a deeper voice than I do and he's half my age Neutral
Back to top Go down
Gasp Its Jesus

Gasp Its Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:10 pm

BearsEatBarry wrote:
Lol age was a concern for me at the beginning... can't even say how many guys I rejected because they weren't 18.

Good thing, too. You wouldn't have taken me.
Back to top Go down
TheScynic

TheScynic

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 am

BearsEatBarry wrote:
But then good old GermanRage fooled me... and I stopped making age a "requirement". It became more of a maturity thing.

And, ya know, you have a 17-year old Clan Deputy Razz

And, honestly Barry, if we have so many members flooding in, why bother even keeping all of those who never participate in Ops, never talk to anyone else, and never really act like clan members? Screw the B Squad, it'll just be full of a bunch of people who want to mooch the free double XP. Just kick em out. I'm tired of seeing people playing Infected during our Ops and completely ignoring all attempts to talk to them.
Back to top Go down
BooBeeNY

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:00 am

TheScynic wrote:
And, honestly Barry, if we have so many members flooding in, why bother even keeping all of those who never participate in Ops, never talk to anyone else, and never really act like clan members? Screw the B Squad, it'll just be full of a bunch of people who want to mooch the free double XP. Just kick em out. I'm tired of seeing people playing Infected during our Ops and completely ignoring all attempts to talk to them.
+1
Back to top Go down
BearsEatBarry

BearsEatBarry

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:20 pm

I agree, didn't know if people would be offended if I just start kicking people... I'm no ruthless dictator, there will be reason for anyone who is kicked, I think after one small cleaning we might lose 8-10 guys but the rest would be a solid base.
Back to top Go down
TheScynic

TheScynic

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:26 am

Sounds good. Keep bothering people about joining the forum, though.
Back to top Go down
PraetorianFidem

PraetorianFidem

PostSubject: Hey   Guys not on the forum EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:44 am

Hey, I'm on the forum now. Sorry for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guys not on the forum   Guys not on the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Guys not on the forum
Page 1 of 1